Student Accommodation



    University Accommodation

    A great way to meet new people, make new friends, and gain some independence. Whether you choose a modern en-suite or studio flat at our recently opened Ayr Campus, or take advantage of the new £13.2million student accommodation which opened at Paisley in September 2012 or simply want to be at the heart of campus life in Hamilton, there’s never been a better time to stay in our student residences. With accommodation starting from just £82 per week (14/15), UWS accommodation is an affordable choice.

    All of our accommodation is self-catered and cooking facilities are provided.

    Priority for accommodation offers are based on distance from your home address to the campus. Please see our Allocations Policy for further details. You can apply for accommodation when you have received an offer of a place to study.

    Student possessions insurance has been provided through Endsleigh for every student who is living at our student residences for the 2014-15 academic year. This covers a range of belongings in your room, including laptops, sports and electrical equipment, clothes and frozen food. This has been arranged by us at no extra cost to the students. The insurance certificate for the 2014/15 academic year is available here. Please download a copy of this document for your records. All claims will be handled directly by Endsleigh. 

    The Residence Team provide all students with a bedding pack containing duvet, duvet cover, pillows, pillow slips and fitted sheet. We will also provide a crockery starter pack (1 place dinner setting plus tumbler, coffee mug and tea towel). For any specific queries, please contact us through the details on the right hand side of this page. 

    We have also put together a handy Frequently Asked Questions guide that will hopefully give you the proper direction at an early stage. This guide will be updated throughout the year.


  • Apply for Accommodation Online  

    For all enquiries, whether for future or current accommodation needs, please email

    or call

    Paisley Campus
    + 44 (0)141 848 3159

    Ayr Campus
    + 44 (0)1292 886273

    Hamilton Campus
    + 44 (0)1698 283100 (ext 8376)

    Dumfries Campus
    + 44 (0)141 848 3159 (ask for Nicola)

    Our offices are open between 0845 and 1645 Monday to Friday (outwith public holidays)