Student Membership, Representation and Welfare

  • Ayr Students' Union

    University Avenue
    KA8 0SX
    01292 886362

  • Hamilton Students' Union

    Almada Street
    ML3 0JB
    01698 283869

  • Paisley Students' Union

    Storie Street
    PA1 2HB
    0141 849 4157

  • Students' Association of UWS (SAUWS)

    Already enrolled? Then you’re automatically a member of the Students’ Association (SAUWS), your representative body during your time at university. Get involved in SAUWS activities and campaigning; the best way to start is to become a representative of the Student Council where views of UWS students are heard and decisions about the direction of the University and the Students’ Association are made.

    Become a Student Rep'

    Information about becoming a student representative at any level can be obtained from the Association at any of the Unions, by going to the website – – or by contacting any of the Sabbatical Office Bearers.

    SAUWS: Run for Students by Students

    As an elected member of the Student Council, you’ll take part in meetings, then report back to your class with details of the decisions of recent developments. Apart from the thrill of being part of the SAUWS decision-making process, being a member of Student Council will build your CV and give you valuable transferable skills such as public speaking, negotiating, decision-making and committee skills.

  • Welfare Service

    We offer a welfare service, providing advice on any problem you may have during your time at university – including student loan problems, academic appeals and complaints and simply the opportunity to talk to someone who will listen when you need help.