Master of Business Administration (MBA)
This internationally respected
degree has been redesigned to
reflect the evolving nature of
business and the global challenges
facing business leaders. It focuses
on developing strategic analytical
skills, business intuition, and
enquiring and adaptive thinking.
The selection of option modules
offers one of four specialist areas:
finance, leadership, enterprise
or health service management.
Candidates will normally be expected to satisfy at least one of the following admission requirements:
- Have a degree awarded by an appropriate institution
- Have a postgraduate award (passed at an appropriate level)
- Have an appropriate professional qualification such as those from ACCA or CIMA
- Have passed a pre-Masters, or other foundation course
- Be a mature student with relevant work or professional experience
Applicants may also be considered with other academic, vocational or professional qualifications deemed equivalent.
International students: in addition to the above, overall IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) and no less than 5.5 in any individual component.
NB International students may be interested to note UWS work in partnership with Olympia College to deliver the MBA programme in Malaysia.
This programme produces high calibre
graduates who can effectively respond
to unpredictable challenges in globally
competitive business environments.
It provides essential core business
knowledge and understanding with
a strong emphasis on developing the
applied managerial skills vital for effective
business leaders. Your communication,
negotiation and facilitating skills will be
nurtured and enhanced.
Modes of study are engineered
to accommodate busy working
lives. This new MBA creates a unified
model of learning for all students
regardless of how you study.
Learning and exchange takes
place through a dynamic, virtual
learning hub: the UWS Online MBA
World, where students can engage
and collaborate on their modules
on an international basis.
- Integration of Business Functions (10 credits)
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making (20 credits)
- Managing Organisational Health (20 credits)
- Influencing Organisational Strategy (20 credits)
- Creativity and Business Wealth (20 credits)
- Strategic Business Project (60 credits)
- Advanced Financial Functions (10 credits)
- Global Financial Systems (10 credits)
- Leading Change (10 credits)
- Influencing Organisational Culture and Change (10 credits)
- New Venture Creation (10 credits)
- Business Creativity (10 credits)
Health Service Management stream
- Responding to Public Health Challenges (20 credits)
The Strategic Business Project provides students with the opportunity to develop and apply their module knowledge and research skills to a business topic of their choice. The dissertation will also deepen their engagement with the thematic area pursued in their option module choices.
The UWS MBA prepares you for leadership. It provides a rigorous grounding in the knowledge and skills necessary to operate effectively as a strategic general manager. MBA graduates may also undertake research e.g. as a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in a particular branch of business/ management, or a taught Doctor of Business Administration (DBA).