Master of Business Administration (MBA)
This internationally respected degree has been redesigned to reflect the evolving nature of business and the global challenges facing business leaders. It focuses on developing strategic analytical skills, business intuition, and enquiring and adaptive thinking. The selection of option modules offers one of five specialist areas: finance, leadership, enterprise, health service management or risk management.
Candidates will normally be expected to satisfy at least one of the following admission requirements:
• Have a degree awarded by an appropriate institution
• Have a postgraduate award (passed at an appropriate level)
• Have an appropriate professional qualification such as those from ACCA or CIMA
• Have passed a pre-Masters, or other foundation course
• Be a mature student with relevant work or professional experience
Applicants may also be considered with other academic, vocational or professional qualifications deemed equivalent.
International students: in addition to the above, overall IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) and no less than 5.5 in any individual component.
NB International students may be interested to note UWS work in partnership with Olympia College to deliver the MBA programme in Malaysia.
This programme produces high calibre graduates who can effectively respond to unpredictable challenges in globally competitive business environments. It provides essential core business knowledge and understanding with a strong emphasis on developing the applied managerial skills vital for effective business leaders. Your communication, negotiation and facilitating skills will be nurtured and enhanced.
Modes of study are engineered to accommodate busy working lives. This new MBA creates a unified model of learning for all students regardless of how you study. Learning and exchange takes place through a dynamic, virtual learning hub: the UWS Online MBA World, where students can engage and collaborate on their modules on an international basis.
- Integration of Business Functions (10 credits)
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making (20 credits)
- Managing Organisational Health (20 credits)
- Influencing Organisational Strategy (20 credits)
- Creativity and Business Wealth (20 credits)
- Strategic Business Project (60 credits)
- Finance stream:
- Advanced Financial Decision Making (10 credits)
- Global Financial Systems (10 credits)
- Leading Change (10 credits)
- Influencing Organisational Culture and Change (10 credits)
- New Venture Creation (10 credits)
- Business Creativity (10 credits)
Health Service Management stream:
- Responding to Public Health Challenges (20 credits)
Risk Management stream:
- Risk and Resilience Management (20 credits)
The Strategic Business Project enables students to develop and apply their module knowledge and research skills to a business topic of their choice.
The UWS MBA prepares you for leadership. It provides a rigorous grounding in the knowledge and skills necessary to operate effectively as a strategic general manager. MBA graduates may also undertake research e.g. as a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in a particular branch of business/management, or a taught Doctor of Business Administration (DBA).