1. Julien S Baker, Bruce Davies, Duncan Buchan and Lon Kilgore (2013) Anaerobic performance in obese populations: underestimation of power profiles. Asian Journal of Sports Medicine Volume 4(1):82-84
2. Hayes LD, Grace FM, Sculthorpe N, Herbert P, Ratcliffe JW, Kilduff LP, Baker JS. (2013)The effects of a formal exercise training programme on salivary hormone concentrations and body composition in previously sedentary aging men.Biomedical and Life Sciences Springerplus. 2013 Dec;2 (1):18. Epub 2013 Jan 22. PubMed PMID: 23396630.
3. Baker JS, Davies B, McCormick MC, Graham M (2013) An elevated systolic blood pressure response at 8 minutes in full contact exercise may identify hypertensive subjects. Res Sports Med (1):1-11. doi: 10.1080/15438627.2012.738440. PubMed PMID: 23286418.
4. Grace, FM; Buchan, D; Kilgore L and Baker JS (2013) The Obesity Paradox – Methodological considerations and potential physiological mechanisms Journal of Sports Medicine and Doping Studies. Invited Editorial; 3: e 133. doi:10.4172/2161-0673.1000e133 1-3
5. Marie Clare McCormick and*Baker JS 1 (2013) Resistive force selection and upper body contraction dynamics: Relationships with anaerobic cycle ergometry performance. Routledge Handbook of Ergonomics in Sports and Exercise: Edited by Professor Youlian Hong ISBN 978-0-415-51863-5 Section 5, Chapter 17, 1-6
6. R.S. Gordon1, K.L. Franklin1, J.S. Baker2 (2013) Measurement of power in mechanically braked cycle ergometers for performance evaluation. 1. Faculty of Advanced Technology, University of Glamorgan, Wales, UK 2. Institute for Clinical Exercise, University of the West of Scotland, Scotland, UK. Routledge Handbook of Ergonomics in Sports and Exercise: Edited by Professor Youlian Hong ISBN 978-0-415-51863-5 Section 5, Chapter 18, 6-14
7. Zoe Harcombe, Julien S Baker and Bruce Davies (2013) Food for thought: Have we been giving the wrong dietary advice? Food and Nutrition Sciences (FNS) 4, (3) 240-244
8. Houston EL, Baker JS, Buchan DS, Stratton G, Fairclough SJ, Foweather L, Gobbi R,Graves LE, Hopkins N, Boddy LM (2013) Cardiorespiratory fitness predicts clustered cardiometabolic risk in 10-11.9-year-olds. Eur J Pediatr. 2013 Feb 26. [Epub ahead of print]
9. Buchan, D.S., Thomas, N.E., Kilgore, L. and Baker JS (2013) Traditional and Novel risk factors of Cardiovascular Disease and Their Associations between Obesity, Physical Activity and Measures of Physical Fitness. Published in “Youth: Practices, Perspectives and Challenges” Nova Scientific publications, New York, USA. Invited Book Chapter, Chapter 2, pages 17-36 ISBN 978-1-62618-067-3
10. David Hettle1, Linda Linton2, Baker JS, Orna Donoghue3 (2013) THE EFFECT OF KINESIOTAPING ON FUNCTIONAL PERFORMANCE INCHRONIC ANKLE INSTABILITY-PRELIMINARY STUDY Journal of Clinical Research on Foot & Ankle Volume 1, Issue 1, pages 2-5, 1000105
11. Lawrence D Hayes1,2, Fergal M Grace1, Nick Sculthorpe1,3, Peter Herbert4, Liam P Kilduff5, and Julien S Baker1 (2013) Does Chronic Exercise Attenuate Age-Related Physiological Decline in Males? Research in Sports Medicine
12. Lawrence D Hayes1,2, J LonKilgore1, Fergal M Grace1, John D Young3, Julien S Baker1 (2013) Salivary hormone response to maximal exercise at two different time points during the day Sport Scientific and Practical Aspects: The International Journal of Kinesiology 10, Issue 1: 25-30
13. Duncan S Buchan1*, Stewart Ollis 1, John D Young1, Stephen-Mark Cooper2, Julian PH Shield3 and Julien S Baker1 (2013) High intensity interval running enhances measures of physical fitness but not metabolic measures of cardiovascular disease risk in healthy adolescents. BMC Public Health PMID: 23705968.
14. Kilduff LP, Finn CV, Baker JS, Cook CJ, West DJ (2013) Preconditioning Strategies to
Enhance Physical Performance on the Day of Competition. International J Sports Physiology and Performance 2013 May 20. PubMed PMID: 23689163.
15. Marie Clare McCormick, Hugh Watson, Julien S. Bakera (2013) Surface electromyographic activities of upper body muscle during high intensity cycle ergometry. Research in Sports Medicine
16. Duncan S. Buchan,1 John D. Young,1 Lynne M. Boddy,2 Robert M. Malina,3,4 and Julien S. Baker1 (2013) Fitness and Adiposity Are Independently Associated with Cardiometabolic Risk in Youth. BioMed Research International Volume 2013, Article ID 261698, 6 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/261698 1-6
17. Julien S Baker, Bruce Davies, Stephen-Mark Cooper, Del P. Wong, Duncan S Buchan and Lon Kilgore (2013) Strength and body composition changes in early career weight trainees: Comparison of one set and three set resistance-training programmes BioMed Research International Volume 2013
18. Lawrence D Hayes1, Gordon F Bickerstaff2, and Baker JS (2013) Acute program variables and subsequent hormonal response to maximize resistance exercise adaptations. Journal of Sports Medicine and Doping Studies
19. Lawrence D Hayes1,2 Fraser E Houston3 and Julien S Baker1(2013) Genetic Predictors of Adenosine Monophosphate Deaminase Deficiency. Journal of Sports Medicine and Doping Studies
Full Publication list.