What We Do
UWS Academy supports everyone who teaches UWS students to develop their teaching and assessment practices, their programmes and their modules with the aim of enhancing student learning. We also support the development of researchers, from postgraduates through early career to experienced practitioners.
Our work includes:
- Running the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PgCertAP), a taught route to Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy for newer staff
- Leading sALTiRE (Academic Learning and Teaching Routes for Excellence), the experiential route to Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Supporting researcher development, in conjunction with our colleagues in Research Services and the Doctoral College
- Providing resources to help staff with their academic practice, from teaching and personal tutoring to curriculum development and design
- Developing seminars, workshops, reading groups and other events to promote academic and researcher development throughout UWS
- Promoting funding and awards which are open to UWS staff
- Organising the annual UWS Learning, Teaching and Research conference
If you would like more information about these roles, or if you have a question about our work, please email UWSAcademy@uws.ac.uk.