The Institute of Health and Care Research undertakes applied and practice based research addressing major public health challenges and advancing health, nursing, integrated practice and family caring.
Our mission is to collaboratively undertake research that:
- advances the evidence base for practice and learning within health, social and nursing care, family caring and integrated services.
- addresses major public health challenges and inequalities.
- demonstrably improves quality and safety within interdisciplinary practice, services, care facilities (including hospitals and nursing homes) and within the family home.
- informs and strengthens leadership, workforce development and interprofessional learning for practice.
- refines conceptual and methodological understandings and develops new methods to collect data aligned with our applied and solution focussed research agenda.