jobs, internships, work placements
Give your organisation valuable extra capacity, a fresh perspective and new ideas. Take on a talented UWS student or graduate.
With over 15,000 students, UWS has a stream of fresh talent that can help to boost your business.
We can help you to:
- find a graduate recruit or a student placement, or intern with the specialist skills you need
- advertise your vacancies for free
- raise your organisation's profile within our student community by delivering workshops, having a stand on campus, or deliver presentations
- develop your own skills by becoming a student mentor and transfer your skills and knowledge to the next generation of students
Contact us to discuss your needs.
The UWS undergraduates in our team are not only professional in everything they do, but also have superb transferable skills that they apply on a daily basis. They have worked well under pressure, which is testament to the training they have receivedAnne-Marie Wallace, Performance and People Manager, DXC Technology
Ready for work
Employability is the foundation of our teaching. Employers are closely involved in course development, so you can be sure our students are equipped for today’s workplace.
Our focus on entrepreneurship helps too – producing graduates with commercial nous as well as imaginative thinking.
Advertise your vacancies
Reach student and graduates directly through our online vacancies site. This service is free of charge and you can advertise the following:
- graduate vacancies and traineeships
- work experience opportunities, including internships and placements
- part-time, temporary and seasonal opportunities
- volunteering opportunities.
Raise your organisation's profile
We’re happy to help you raise the profile of your organisation with our students.
- promote opportunities through our weekly student newsletter
- introduce your organisation students through an on-campus presentation
- deliver workshops on employability topics
- have an employer stand to promote opportunities to students at busy times.
Contact us to see how we can help.
Internships and placements
Gain extra support and fresh ideas by offering a student an internship or placement.
Download the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development publication, Internships that Work – a guide to help employers start an internship scheme or improve their existing programme.
If you’re considering advertising an unpaid internship, check out the latest government legislation on the National Minimum Wage.
“UWS has always placed a strong emphasis on industry links and I think it is an invaluable resource for students. I got involved in the mentoring programme to offer students an understanding of recruitment processes and what it’s like to apply their knowledge to the practical day to day expectations within typical roles. The insight they gain helps both students and businesses.”Fiona Macintyre, Marketing Manager, Pulsion Technology
Become a mentor
Our employer mentoring programme is a way for you to share your skills and expertise with a student. You’ll help them improve their confidence and employability skills, while also adding to your own CV.
Getting involved in employer mentoring:
- develops key mentoring skills, increasingly valued by employers
- helps build employee morale, motivation and job satisfaction
- increases the exposure of your organisation
- is an opportunity for alumni of the university to give something back
For more information about becoming a mentor please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us if you are interested in becoming a mentor to support a UWS student.
Due to the quality of students from UWS, in 2013 I nominated myself as a professional mentor. It is a pleasure to be part of UWS’s mentoring programme – best in its class. The commitment and enthusiasm of the undergraduates is encouraging; they are always dedicated and professionalEvelyn Walker, Project Management Lead, Hewlett Packard Enterprises UK&I