Campus Updates - Disruption
UWS campuses are rarely completely closed. However, some unforseen operational issues, planned industrial disputes or extreme local environment, weather conditions may cause us to close a campus.
All UWS campuses are currently operating as normal.
If a campus is closed when you have an assignment due for submission, follow these guidelines.
- If your assignment is due to be submitted by hand, and the campus is closed for 24 hours or more, a new submission deadline will apply automatically. Usually this will be two working days after the campus reopens.
- If a module runs over more than one campus, the new submission date will apply to students on all campuses.
- If your assignment is due to be submitted electronically, you should still do so within the original deadline, unless you’re told otherwise through the module’s Moodle site.
- Generally, you should submit using Turnitin if your module leader has made it available. If not, submit by email to your module coordinator.
- Each module’s Moodle site will post specific instructions. Check it for information on new submission deadlines. This is especially important if your submission involves making a presentation, since a number of people will need to arrange new time slots.
This page will post updates on any disruption to exams due to bad weather or other events. Again, your safety is the most important thing to consider when deciding whether to travel to an exam in severe weather.
If you decide it’s not safe for you to attend an exam, you should submit an Extenuating Circumstances Statement. Visit our Academic Appeals and Extenuating Circumstances page for further details.