Search the site


Find a course

A-Z Undergraduate courses A-Z Postgraduate courses

Recently viewed



Make sure you are enrolled before the start of the new session and know when your classes start.

Class timetables can be found on the Student Timetable Website.

Enrolment for Continuing Students

Continuing students must enrol for each year of their programme. 

Please note that continuing students with an outstanding debt must have cleared their debt before they can enrol for the new session, and should contact without delay.

Information for Continuing Students

Student cards

If you are a continuing student you will already have been issued with a Student ID card which lasts for the duration of your programme.

If you have lost your card you can obtain a replacement card at a cost of £6 via the Online Store. If your card has expired or you have changed programme, or there is any other change, we will produce a replacement card for you. Email your request to advising of the required change. Your photo image will be on record, so you won't need to provide a new photo.

Your student ID card is important as you will need to swipe it each time to register your attendance in lectures, classrooms and labs. It also gives you access to the Library and other University facilities. It is required as proof of identity and valid student status for entry to examination halls, etc.

Full-time students

If you are a full-time continuing student and eligible to proceed following the June PAB (Progression & Awards Board) you will be able to enrol from 9 August. This includes students from countries outside the UK or EEA, but you will need to attend a Passport and Visa check session with Student Administration on your Campus (look out for an email to your Student Email account, informing you of the details).

If you have resits and are waiting for results you will be able to view your module results in the Grade screen of Self Service Banner from 10 August 2017. However your eligibility to enrol for the new session depends on receiving a progression decision following the PABs. This will be sent to your student email during the week of 21 August, after which you will receive a further email advising when online enrolment is opening for you.

Part-time students

If you are a continuing part-time student, you should contact the Education Guidance Adviser within your School to discuss module choices for the next academic year.

Once your modules have been agreed, you will be able to enrol online from Wednesday 9 August 2017.

If you have had re-assessments over the summer you will be able to enrol once you have had your results confirmed at the August PABs. Your results will be published on Self Service Banner.

Non-EU/EEA students

If you are a continuing student from a country outside of the EU or EEA, you will be able to enrol online from Wednesday 9 August 2017.

You will be notified by email when you need to sign in and bring your Passport & Visa to Student Administration.

Students at our partner colleges

If you have a progression decision from the June PAB (Progression & Awards Board) that allows you to progress to the next stage of your programme, you will be able to enrol from Wednesday 9 August 2017. You will find your decision on Self Service Banner.

If you have had re-assessments over the summer, you will need to wait until the PABs have met in August. Once you have a decision from the August PAB that allows you to progress to the next academic year, you will be able to enrol. You will find your results on Self Service Banner.

Funding and money advice

Remember that, if you are funded by SAAS, you will need to apply for your funding each year so, if you haven’t got that organised yet, apply now to avoid delays at the start of the session.

Further information about SAAS funding can be found on the SAAS Website. Advice about funding is also available from our Student Services team – contact them via the Hub or Student Link.

Become a mentor for new students

As a continuing student, you may wish to become a mentor for new students through the Buddy Project, a scheme designed to help new students settle into student life and study at UWS with the help of a student who is already familiar with University life.

The project aims to offer informal, friendly support by current students to all new students and recruits at the start of each new session.

Continuing students who would like to become a Buddy for new students, should complete and return the Buddy Project Guide Form.

Last updated: 22/01/2018