Support for Business
You can find information about how to contact us at Support from UWS Library.
Contact us if you would like advice on:
- finding information for your assignments
- choosing keywords and setting limits
- choosing resources to search
- assessing credibility of sources
- compiling a search strategy for a literature review using systematic principles
- using the bibliographic databases (e.g. Emerald)
- keeping notes of your sources (e.g. using reference management tools) and referencing your sources
British, European and International Standards: A database of all current British, European and International Standards.
Emerald: Full text articles covering management, business, education, library studies, health care and engineering.
Mintel Market Research Reports: On a range of subjects including finance, media and leisure
SAGE Journals Online: Full text covering social sciences, business, health, life science, materials and engineering.
ScienceDirect: Full text journals and e-books on a range of subjects. Access if free but registration may be required.
Springerlink: Full text science, technology and medical journals and e-books - On-campus access.
Statista - a wide variety of statistics, industry data and analysis from the UK, Europe and around the world. Enhance your presentations with the downloadable tables, charts and infographics.
Taylor & Francis Journals: Full text journals covering social sciences, education and humanities
UK Data Service - UK survey data including census data between 1971-2011.
Web of Science: Journal article and e-book citation indexing service that also provides full text links to other databases
Westlaw UK: Full text Scots and UK legislation and law related e-books and journals (registration required)
Wiley Online Library: Ebooks and journals covering science, social science and humanities subjects