How to renew your loans to prevent fines accruing
Everyone is welcome to visit UWS Library. Borrowing of print books is free of charge to registered staff, students and visitors. Please renew or return your loans by their due date. This also minimises the chance of you accruing fines.
Ways to renew
- Renew online - sign in to My Library Card on One Search with your student or staff ID and password. If your renewal request is successful a new due date will display. If not, please contact The Library Info Point on your campus
- Renew or return via Self-Service at one of our campus libraries
- Renew by phone or email on +44 (0)141 848 3758 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To help you out, fines are not charged if overdue loans are returned within two days grace period following the due date (applies to 1 and 4 week loans).
To prevent fines being incurred please renew all items before their due date. Items can be renewed up to 5 times with the following exceptions:
- a request has been placed against the item by another user
- the item has been renewed 5 times previously – if this is the case and you still need the item, bring it to the Library and it can be reissued to you providing it has not been requested by anyone else.
- you are trying to renew online and have fines totalling £5 or more – please contact the Library directly as staff may be able to renew items for you providing there are no requests against them and you have not reached the maximum renewal limit.