Support and assistance you can expect from Library staff
We want you to get as much as possible out of learning resources and study spaces at UWS.
To do that, you need to know what is available and when, and how to access and/or make use of it.
That's where the support comes in. See below for information about the different ways in which we support our users:
- In person - visit UWS Library Info Point in your nearest campus library
- Email - email us at email@example.com and send us your question, report a problem or leave your feedback
- Phone - call us on +44 (0)141 848 3758
- 1-2-1 appointment with your Liaison Librarian - book a face-to-face, phone or online appointment tailored to your needs. Liaison Librarians can support you with finding information and resources for your project, using databases and referencing.
- #AskaLibrarian - our weekly #AskaLibrarian drop-in sessions for quick questions & answers at all Scottish campuses (during term-time). We can help you access resources, find articles, decipher reading lists and understand referencing.
- Drop-in between 11:00-13:00 at:
- UWS Library - Ayr Campus (Monday)
- UWS Library - Dumfries Campus (Thursday)
- UWS Library - Lanarkshire Campus (Friday)
- The Hub - Paisley Campus (Tuesday)
- 24/7 self-support - check our guides, videos, FAQs and more
- Library Essentials sessions - informative half hour sessions which run weekly from 1.30 - 2pm during term-time at Ayr (Thursdays), Dumfries (Tuesdays), Lanarkshire (Fridays), and Paisley (Thursdays). Each session is free to attend and a different topic is discussed each week including:
- Finding stuff for assignments
- Real News vs Fake News
- Referencing and plagiarism