Wednesday 03 05 2023
University of the West of Scotland has been shortlisted for a raft of Herald Higher Education Awards.
The Awards recognise excellence across a wide range of individual, team and institutional initiatives.
The University is currently the Herald’s Higher Educational Institution of the Year for 2022.
UWS has been shortlisted in the following categories for 2023:
- Enhancing Student Learning Award - EuroGig
- Outstanding Contribution from a Staff Member - Professor Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir
- Research Project of the Year - Cloud Correlation: using artificial intelligence to protect our natural environment
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community - the Alzheimer Scotland Centre for Policy and Practice
- Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year - #UWSResearchMatters
- Widening Access Award - UWS Foundation Academy
- Outstanding Business Engagement in Universities - UWS and advanced clothing solutions
I am delighted that UWS has been shortlisted in so many of the categories for this year’s Herald Higher Education Awards. This is well deserved recognition and a reflection of the incredible work underway across our University in so many important areas, including research, enterprise, learning and teaching, widening participation, our contribution to the local communities, marketing and PR. Congratulations to everyone involved.
Professor James Miller FRSE, Principal and Vice-Chancellor of UWS
The winners will be announced at a ceremony on 1 June 2023 at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow.
Find out more about the Herald Higher Education Awards here.