Institute of Engineering and Energy Technologies (IEET)
Institute for Engineering and Energy Technologies (IEET) has been established under the leadership of Professor Olabi and will have significant emphasis on Innovation, Knowledge Transfer and Enterprise on a range of Engineering and Energy Technologies.
Within IEET construction materials research continues to be a significant theme, and is now joined by research capability in renewable energy and energy storage, composite materials, smart materials (MRF and MS), manufacturing and engineering process management (including construction management) and water engineering.
The mission of the IEET involves pro-active engagement across the following substantially interlinked themes:
Materials and mechanics:
composite materials, magneto-rheology fluids, magnetostrictive materials, foam materials, micromechanical characterisation, modelling of structural and thermal behaviours, design of sensors and actuators, optimization of vehicle damping systems and energy absorption systems, biomedical devices.
Energy and environment:
hydrogen fuel cells, biomass generation, wind, solar, wave, geothermal, energy storage systems, optimization of renewable energy parts and systems, membrane separation technologies for wastewater and desalination treatments, food and pharmaceutical industry.
concrete (SCC, HPC, incorporating recycled materials), microstructures and micromechanics of cementitious composites, traditional mortars, stone, advanced multifunctional surface consolidants and self-cleaning treatments, construction management, supply chain management, BIM
Engineering process management:
information modelling and machine tool testing and verification, dissimilar- hybrid welding, lean manufacturing and supply chain management.
IEET has specialist academic and technical members in multidisciplinary engineering fields including; mechanical, manufacturing, materials, chemical and civil engineering.
- Undertakes research activities; cooperation with enterprise is very welcomed
- Provides independent studies to test your product(s)
- Provides access to the expertise of our academics through consultancy arrangements
- Develops training courses for your staff
- Sources students to work on project(s) or to join your organisation
- Provides partnership with National and International research institutions.
- Provides strong cooperation with community, more attention will be given to sustainable energy and environmental protection.