our unique approach: health
The future belongs to all of us.
Almost everything we do has an effect on our health, or on the health of others.
Globally, a traditional focus on medical intervention and treatment is broadening to encompass health promotion, disease prevention and improvements to the quality of life. From the built environment to air quality, from psychology to food science, it all impacts on health.
Our multi-disciplinar approach to health research makes us particularly strong in the sciences and business of health. We're involved in investigating:
- primary medical research into diseases such as cancer, herpes, arthritis, tuberculosis and COPD lung conditions and exploring the mechanisms of disease
- dementia and alzheimers in later life
- maternal health and wellbeing
- software for telemedicine
- developing novel techniques to accelerate growth in stem cells
- exploring the impact of exercise and sport
- environmental impacts of toxins to health and wellbeing
UWS Research and Enterprise Guide
This guide provides a snapshot of our current research activities and gives an indication of our direction of travel, highlighting the strengths and capabilities which will shape the future of research at UWS.Download our Research & Enterprise Guide (21MB - pdf)