English Language Online Courses
English Language Online Courses (ELOC) are for students who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and have been unable to take the IELTS (or equivalent) during the application period.
ELOCs are intensive English language courses for students who need to improve their English language and study skills prior to enrolling on their chosen degree programme at UWS. The courses are designed to help you achieve the University's English language entry requirement for degree level study (IELTS 6.0 overall, with no component lower than 5.5).
About the courses
The ELOCs are designed to deepen your knowledge and understanding of the English language to help prepare you for full-time studies at UWS. The courses have a number of key features including:
- teaching in small groups of up to 20
- 60% live interaction with classmates and teacher
- 1:1 live interaction with a teacher
- guided learning tasks for you to complete in your own time
- regular opportunities for personalised feedback on your work from your teacher and classmates
- intended learning outcomes and assessments are the same
5 or 10 Weeks' Duration
There are two versions of ELOC runing this summer; 5 week and 10 week duration. Entry to these depends upon your level of English language competence when applying.
ELOC - 5 Week duration
- Entry requirements: IELTS 5.5 / CET6 500 / CET4 550 / TEM4 61 / TEM8 55 (China)
- Course dates: Monday 17th May - Friday 18th June 2021 / Monday 28th June - Friday 30th July 2021 / Monday 12th July - Friday 13th August 2021
ELOC - 10 Week duration
- Entry requirements: IELTS 5.0 / CET6 400 / CET4 480 / TEM4 57 / TEM8 51 (China)
- Course dates: Monday 12th April - Friday 18th June 2021 / Monday 24th May - Friday 30th July 2021