Is Mediation Right for Me?
Mediation can be helpful if you want to resolve a dispute informally and to keep the matter confidential. It may be appropriate if:
- You have been unable to resolve the issue with the other person directly
- You need to continue to study, work or live together at UWS
- The dispute relates to matters within your control
- It does not involve a serious breach of the University’s policies, procedures or Regulatory Framework
- You can reach an agreement without needing to involve anyone else
You can request mediation instead of a formal process (e.g. a grievance or complaint), before initiating a formal process or after a formal process has concluded to help rebuild relationships.
How do I Request Mediation?
You can request mediation by completing the Mediation Request Form and emailing it to email@example.com. If you need a paper version of this form, please give us a call on 0141 848 3699.
We would encourage colleagues to promote the mediation service and to identify situations where mediation could be beneficial. Individuals should be encouraged to get in touch with the Mediation Service directly wherever possible but referrals are also welcome through P&OD, SAUWS, Student Administration or the recognised trade unions of the University.
Before making a referral, please discuss this with the individuals and make sure that they are happy for you to do so.
The UWS Mediation Service will review all requests and referrals to ensure that the issue is suitable for mediation. Where we believe that another route would be more appropriate, we will discuss the reasons for this with you and signpost you accordingly.