Skip course menu sidebar

Find a course

A-Z Undergraduate courses A-Z Postgraduate courses

Recently viewed

Statements, Transcripts and Replacement Certificates

Student Status Letters

A letter confirming your status as a student can be downloaded from the Student section of Self Service Banner. This can be used to prove your student status for eligibility to student benefits (e.g. student gym memberships, travel cards, etc.). Please note that there is a separate letter available for the purpose of applying for a council tax exemption.

Academic Transcripts (unofficial) for Current Students only

Students can print an unofficial copy of their transcript at any point following their enrolment at the University.

This facility is available from the Student section of Self Service Banner.

Students who have graduated and intend to give a copy of this transcript to a prospective employer should also ensure that they provide them with their degree parchment.

Students requiring an official (authorised) version of their Academic Transcript should see the section below.

Authorised Academic Transcripts for Current and Former Students

We can provide authorised academic transcripts for the majority of taught programmes from UWS and from its predecessor institutions (University of Paisley; Bell College of Technology; and Paisley College of Technology). 

Authorised transcripts which relate to study undertaken prior to 1992 have to be compiled manually, and may contain less detail than those relating to more recent programmes of study.

How do I apply for an academic transcript?

Transcripts can be requested in person at the Hub or Student Link on your campus.

Alternatively, you can complete an Academic Transcript Application Form, and email this to the Hub (the email address is listed on the form).

How long will it take?

We aim to provide the transcript within 5 working days after receipt of the application form, although transcripts relating to study prior to 1992 which have to be prepared manually may take longer.

Please note that, at certain times of the year, especially during graduation and enrolment periods, the production of transcripts may take longer due to the large number of requests received at these times.

Where should I collect it?

Current students should collect their transcripts from the Hub at Paisley, or the Student Link at Ayr, Dumfries or Lanarkshire campus.

In exceptional circumstances, current students can request that their transcript be posted to them.

Transcripts for former students will generally be posted, unless you request to collect the transcript from the Hub or Student Link.

How much will it cost?

There is no charge for the production of an academic transcript or for postage by second class postage to a UK address or by international standard airmail postage to addresses outwith the UK.

If you require the transcript to be posted via alternative postal services, you may be asked to pay any additional cost incurred.

Replacement Degree Certificates

If you have lost your original degree certificate, you may apply to purchase a replacement – full details are available here. 

Last updated: 28/08/2020