Skip course menu sidebar

Find a course

A-Z Undergraduate courses A-Z Postgraduate courses

Recently viewed


The guidance below explains what to do if you need to make a change to the details on your student record.

Further information abut making changes to your record can be found by logging in to the HUB Student Portal with your Banner ID and network password then typing your question into the search box.

If you have any other questions, you can contact the HUB using the HUB Student Portal or by phoning 0141 848 3800.


How do I inform the University of a change of address?

You can update your own student record with your new address and/or telephone number, in the Personal Information section of Self Service Banner.

Nursing/Midwifery Students

If you’re a nursing student, you should also inform your School office of any change in address.

My name has changed. How do I update my student record?

To change your name on your student record, you will have to provide documentary evidence of your new name such as a marriage certificatedivorce certificate, or birth certificate.

There are two ways to notify the University of a change of name:


  • complete the online form in the Hub Student Portal (Select 'Ask Us?' then 'Change of Name Notification') and uploading your supporting documentary evidence

  • collect a Change of Name Notification form from the HUB and bring in the original documentary evidence


Once your student record has been updated by Student Administration, staff in the Hub / Student Link will issue you with a new Student ID Card.

How do I change my modules?

All students must be registered for the modules they are taking each year. It is vital that you are registered on the correct modules, otherwise you may be excluded from examination halls and your results will not be processed.

You can check your module registration record in the Student section of Self Service Banner using the Registration link.

Depending on your programme, you may be able to change your modules within the first two weeks of the start of the trimester.

Your request for a change of module should be discussed with your Personal Tutor, Programme Leader or Education Guidance Adviser within your School. The name of your Personal Tutor is shown in the Student section of Self Service Banner.

How do I change my programme of study?

If you wish to change your course, this must be agreed by the Programme Leader of your existing course and the Programme Leader on the course you wish to join.

A Programme Transfer Form must be completed and signed by both the existing and new Programme Leaders, and returned to Student Administration for processing.

Your programme change is complete once you receive your new student ID card containing your new programme title.

Last updated: 28/08/2017