The UWS BA Social Work has been designed in collaboration with employers and service users to provide you with the knowledge and practical experience to qualify as a practicing social worker.
Within a globally defined profession, social workers help people help themselves and play a crucial role in improving lives.
Throughout the course, we offer a progressive, flexible and student-centred learning environment. This allows you to develop personally and professionally to achieve an honours degree, a nationally recognised professional qualification and the opportunity to pursue an extremely rewarding and increasingly important career in modern society.
Key features of our programme are:
- An individualised and research-driven approach to learning that allows you to study and develop your own area of interest across the 4 years of the programme;
- A sound, inter-disciplinary social science foundation;
- An appreciation of the centrality of practice reliant on strong relationships with both service users and carers and social work employers;
- Practice learning experiences in years 1, 2, 3 and 4, in which you can apply both classroom-based learning and your own enquiry-based learning;
- Multi-campus delivery;
- Opportunities for international experiences;
- A strong, personalised tutorial support system.