Academic Study Skills
Our team of Academic Skills Advisers provide advice, guidance and resources to help develop and enhance individual academic skills for success at university and beyond.
This support covers a range of topics, including:
- time management
- studying from home
- note-taking and effective learning
- grammar and punctuation
- reading skills
- critical thinking
- exams and revision
- giving presentations
- referencing and avoiding plagiarism
- interpreting feedback
- reflective thinking
- writing essays, reports and dissertations
- using software to support your studies
- building digital skills confidence
For hints and tips to become more effective in your studies and avoid putting off work until the last minute, see our Procrastination & Your Studies page.
Options for Support
We offer a range of methods of support, including:
- 1:1 Appointments
- Dissertation appointments. For students undertaking a dissertation only.
- Group appointments. 2-4 students. Please email email@example.com to book.
Appointments are bookable via the Online Careers & Skills Centre – click here to log in. Once logged in visit the Appointments & Events menu. Appointments are delivered using Microsoft Teams.
WEBINARS AND Q&A'S
Webinars and Q&A's are found on the Virtual Events menu available on the Careers & Skills Centre.
We maintain online support resources which are currently available in the Online Careers & Skills Centre.